Happy New Year to all our kennel hands, volunteers and supporters. We wish you well for 2021 and we look forward to seeing you all, once we can reopen fully.
Highlights from 2020:
- 53 greyhounds came in to our care
- We homed 60 greyhounds and have 1 reserved too!
- 2 out of those 60 have been homed with a ‘cat’
4. Special cases – Dusty (7yrs) and Epic (10 yrs) came in to us after spending all their lives in kennels, after some much loved tlc and huge dentals they were homed together up in Yorkshire!
5. Sadly we had seven dogs return, through no fault of their own, however it wasn’t long for any of them to find their new families.
6.The Greyhound Shop in Bournemouth continued to raise much needed funds for us and in 2020 they donated £2,500 to support the work we do.
7. We raised from Petplan Commission – £1,164.72.
8. We are now part of the Greyhound Board of Great Britain Retirement Scheme – this is a new initiative which will hugely support the welfare of all greyhounds once they have retired from the racing industry. This is a huge step in improving the welfare of all greyhounds.
9. Sadly since March we have been unable to support the community, through visiting care homes. ‘Putting a smile on an older persons face is priceless’. Once it is safe to do so we will continue our care home work, to give the residents a highlight for their day.
10. COVID has put a real strain on Greyhound Lifeline and the work we all carry out. In ‘Lock Down 1’ our work ceased temporarily but after careful planning and knowing we needed to support the greyhounds waiting to find homes, we reopened using a skeleton staffing to run the kennels. During 2020 we grew in strength and although we were not able to carry out our street collections (only managing 3 out of the 17 already planned for) all our supporters, from a distance, continued to support us financially but also gave us moral support, for the kennel hands who have worked continuously throughout the year, No matter what COVID threw at us, we were able to continue our work. Big thank you to everyone for this huge success and we will continue our work for as long as we are needed!
Shop Opening Times:
Our kennel shop is now open for pre-booked appointments ONLY between the hours of 9am – 12.30pm daily.
WE NEED AT LEAST 24 HOURS NOTICE FOR EACH APPOINTMENT, PLEASE DO NOT RING ON THE MORNING YOU WISH TO ATTEND AS YOU WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY. THIS IS DUE TO US HAVING TO PREPARE THE SITE FOR YOUR ARRIVAL AND TO ENSURE SUFFICIENT SOCIAL DISTANCING IS IN PLACE.
INFORM US OF THE ITEMS YOU REQUIRE AND PAY BY BANK TRANSFER IF POSSIBLE BEFORE ARRIVING.
PLEASE RING 07769348310 OR
EMAIL US ON firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE WILL GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS ON THE PHONE TO WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO ON ARRIVAL AT THE KENNELS AND THE DAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO COME ALONG AND COLLECT YOUR ORDER.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
ON ARRIVAL TO THE KENNELS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE FIRST METAL GATE AND RING THE MOBILE NUMBER TO BOOK IN.
PLEASE STAY WITH YOUR CAR, DO NOT GO THROUGH THE GATE UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED TO. GLOVES AND MASKS MUST BE ON PAST THIS POINT.
PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANYMORE DONATIONS OF FABRIC BEDDING OR DONATIONS FOR OUR CAR-BOOT SELLERS AT THE KENNELS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE ITEMS FOR CAR-BOOTS PLEASE USE THIS EMAIL ADDRESS email@example.com AND MEET WITH THEM OFF SITE.
WE ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATIVE TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY DONATED.
Greyhound Retirement Scheme:
Greyhound Lifeline have been accepted on to this scheme, by the Greyhound Board of Great Britain, the scheme was launched on the 1/9/20. The retirement scheme is a huge step forward, in the greyhound racing industry, in ensuring the future welfare of all greyhounds once they have retired from their racing days by providing a bond to help get them ready for home life.
Our Onsite Shop:
We have updated our greyhound shop and now sell lots of new lines too, please have a look and see all the greyhound essentials that we now have to offer.
Some of our new lines include – shampoo, evening primrose capsules, a range of raised food stands, lick mats, range of grooming tools, collars and harnesses (for car travel and walking) and many more.
You will find our products under ‘Greyhound Merchandise’ on our news page/website.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ITEMS ARE COLLECTION ONLY FROM OUR CENTRE.
Caesar, Smiler, Garfield, Marty, Magic and Gambler.
Smiler, Marty, Garfield, Caesar, Gambler and Magic.
Zorro, Niamh and Sergeant.
Dog Donated Items:
Donated items for kennel usage will still be accepted at the kennels & will be very much appreciated. Please phone us on the number above to arrange a drop off. Thank you.